Wednesday 24 February 2016

That's All Folks!

PINNED TO THE TOP  |  Wednesday, February 24, 2016

To parents and juniors:

Due to a rather unfortunate situation that had arisen during 2014 with the club, I won't be back to do the junior program from here on. All 10 instructors on my team has decided not to come back to teach either. I want to thank everyone who had supported me and the junior program over the past 8 years. Since the restart in 2008 I truly enjoyed putting this program together as the junior program director on a volunteer basis, singularly managed it and made it accessible to everyone who wanted to participate in it. Up to 300 juniors were registered each year and it was a pleasure to introduce tennis to so many youngsters, while many more juniors cultivated their game each year to compete against their peers in tournaments around the province. Many trophies were won.

This website belongs to me and I will continue to update it to include the few juniors whom I will carry on helping with their game. I will also continue to keep track of the other juniors and the junior program alumni whenever they have done well. I will see out my men's and ladies' league teams for the season. Both teams consist of junior program alumni and is in principle an extension of the junior program. The ladies' league team is actually a newly put together team that was three years in the making. This will be my final involvement with this club.

You can still reach me through the usual email address. If anything changes, I will post it on this website.

Thank you all.

Sincerely,
Adrian Tan

March 6 Update: I'm aware that some parents have written to the club and expressed their support for this junior program. Again thank you for your ongoing support.

No comments: